Many business entrepreneurs often juggle while selecting the marketing mode. They keep on struggling in searching for the answer to the best marketing strategies. Which one is the best, digital vs traditional marketing?
This is obvious that they can’t choose both of them together as their budget will not allow doing this. Then how do they know which mode is better to gain success and also fit in budget nicely?
Well, there is always a long-term debate between traditional marketing and digital marketing. Some feel that traditional marketing is a better mode while some others say digital marketing is better.
To get the answer to this question, let us understand both the terms and their advantages and downsides.
Traditional marketing is one of the oldest forms of marketing that uses conventional modes like TV, radio, pamphlets, newspaper ads, and other marketing methods. This traditional marketing model helps target the local audience or the audience that comes in the remote area.
Many of the usual traditional modes of marketing strategies come in five broadcast categories that are given below:
Broadcast (radio, TV, etc.)
Print Media (newspapers, magazines, etc.)
Direct Mail (postcards, catalogs)
Telephones (SMS marketing and telemarketing)
Traditional marketing has evolved in the past decades. Still, it runs on the same legacy. There is no innovation and always rely on products, place, price, and promotion.
A successful business entrepreneur knows well how important it is to improve sales funnels. They keep on taking the leverage of these four Ps of the marketing to gain the customers.
Advantages of Traditional Marketing
- You will be able to target the local audience accurately through radio promotions and TV commercial ads.
- You will have the hard copy of the ad campaign material that you can keep with you.
- The traditional way is easily understandable by the local audience.
Disadvantages of Traditional Marketing
- You will have little interaction with local people only but not with the audience that doesn’t come in your remote areas.
- The radio and commercial ads on TV might cost you extra and doesn’t return you the revenue that you are longing for.
- Results are non-measurable and don’t even boost up your sales sometimes.
- It is still running off the same legacy of the 90s when we are in 2020. These things aren’t working at present.
- One of the four Ps might get ignored in traditional marketing strategies, and you may suffer loss instead of success.
So, does this traditional marketing seem successful to you? Or does this way of marketing fits your budget?
What’s the benefit when you don’t get the audience and sales from this. So, let us put our attention on digital marketing.
Digital marketing, on the other side, is the new way of marketing that uses digital platforms and social media to promote your services digitally. Successful marketing requires constant interaction with the consumers and keeps on updating to grab more sales funnels.
Digital marketing techniques include PPC, SEO, Google ads, social media promotions, and other strategies to promote services. We know that people nowadays are becoming digital. They search online rather than sitting in front of their TV and wait for commercial ads.
Thus, digital marketing is an excellent way of promoting your services to an audience more accurately. And the best part is it never ignores the four Ps of the business strategies.
Digital marketing uses various modes of promotion which come in different categories like, social media promotion, search engine optimization, content marketing, and a lot more other ways.
To clarify the importance of marketing, let’s check some advantages of using the digital marketing process.
Advantages of Digital Marketing
- Digital marketing helps to interact with the local and international audience from all over the world.
- Your audience can come to you directly through various social media channels.
- You can choose various modes of marketing together. Moreover, you don’t need to limit yourself in limited promotional ways. For instance, some people read blogs, while some people watch videos, and some may see an attractive ad.
So, digital marketing helps to target the audience of every age group effectively by various means of promotion.
- Digital marketing benefits the small business vendors as it is cost-effective and fits their budget. Moreover, you don’t need to make a huge investment in promotion. It is much cheaper than traditional marketing.
- You will get the maximum return on investment that you have made in buying the digital marketing strategy.
- The best part is you can target and personalize your campaign by using digital marketing custom email services.
- Digital marketing runs on modern marketing ways and never sticks on the old legacy of marketing. It will change as per the demand of marketing.
- It will help in brand development even if you have a small business.
- It will help in beating your competitive edges and achieve results.
The downside of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing modules never work on the old legacy. This means the techniques that you use in 2019 cannot drive results in 2020. You need to keep on improving and implementing new digital marketing strategies to drive results.
Moreover, you need to be active regularly to interact with your audience.
So, which is better mode- Digital vs Traditional marketing showdown
Well, both modes of marketing have their pros and cons. But there is no doubt that the internet is one of the important tools nowadays to interact with billions of audiences. Thus, by keeping the need for an hour, it’s better to invest in digital marketing if you have a small budget.
Moreover, the digital marketing future is brighter, and stats show that incoming time people will become more digital and eCommerce platforms will boost up to at an exponential rate.
Now you get the clear idea about both modes of marketing. However, if you have a reasonable budget, then apply both. But if you have a small budget, then it is mandatory to invest in digital marketing.
So, if you’re looking for the best digital marketing company near you, then without any doubt, Cyber Chord Technologies is the best option for efficient digital marketing of your business.
The company has enormous experience in digital marketing and has a team of professionals that helps in implementing better digital marketing strategies by anticipating your business needs.
Moreover, they work with advanced tools and techniques of marketing that also helps you grab the attention of the audience to gain their trust and create brand awareness.
Now you have enough knowledge when it comes down to choose digital vs traditional marketing or both as per your requirements. You can also check why digital marketing is necessary for SMEs? Keep reading for more updates.